Thursday, January 5, 2012

Job chapter 1

My journey with Job Chapter 1 So as I began Job today a few thoughts came to mind. It reminded me of my feelings after I saw the movie 'The Help' after the movie I hoped that if i lived during that time I would like think I would have been like Skeeter....I would have been the one that would have made a a difference, gone against the norm that wasn't right .....Of course I compare that to my walk with the Lord and let's face it - being a believer and a follower is more and more frowned upon. And most likely will continue that way. As our faith is tested we will continue to stand for what I believe is right when the world is slowly trying to take God out of everything.    Another thing chapter 1 reminded of was a conversation I recently had with someone at church. About the 'end times '  Up for debate all throughout different churches is whether God will take his children before the final 7 years, half way thru or will we be here to experience all the revelations.  I am not here to discuss it but Job 1 reminded me of when everything falls apart which it will feel that way in the end times, will I still throw myself down and praise the Lord, will I still rejoice in knowing he has my life planned out, will I not blame him for the hard times in my life? End times or not everyday is a new day, a new day to test my faith and prove myself worthy of being called Gods child.  Is my faith so strong that even the Lord himself will attest to it.   There is no doubt that Job is a man of God.  We learn this right away in the first chapter   'Job was blameless and upright, he feared God and shunned evil' vs 1.  If someone wrote about my life Would they say this?  The first chapter is enough for me to bathe in for awhile. The conversation between God and Satan, wow! God was positive that Satan would not be able to break Job. He waS so confident that Job was God fearing  that he actually gave satan authority to well, basically test Job. In any area that Satan could think of, other than he was not allowed to lay hands on Job himself vs 12. Seriously!? Most of the time we can be broken because of circumstances around us that are not direct hit to us but indirect hits.  So true, if you ask me after reading the first chapter most people would have broke after chapter 1.  But not Job! He rips his cloths off, falls on the ground and worships. vs 21.  In the first tests alone he lost his animals and his family.....   I guarantee most people would be mad at the Lord and feel like asking 'Where in the world are you God??.'  And we would place blame on the Lord instead of looking toward him for help. After going through devastation in our lives would we still be still and know that God has a plan Jeremiah 29:13.  Or would we run to everything trying to find answers that will never fullfill the missing piece.  Lord, please continue to strengthen my faith everyday.  So that in the deepest of circumstances I will fall down and worship you!  Psalm 123: 1 I lift my eyes to you, to you who sit enthroned  in heaven.  

No comments:

Post a Comment