Sunday, January 8, 2012

Job 2

Job 2  I'm definitely seeing a pattern already and I am only in the 2nd chapter. So maybe that's not a pattern but oh well.    1 why does Satan always appear with the angels.   2 Satan still has limitation..... From God.    3 Why do we always see troubled times as punishment for sin instead of trial.    4 Why does satan always provoke the wife in hopes to make the husband denounce the Lord.  Chapter 1:6 and 2:1 the angels came to present themselves before the Lord and Satan came with them....      This is interesting to me. I have pondered on this, whether it is important or not, well it's in there twice.  After a brief conversation with my dad about this topic.... He cleared this up some.  We don't have much explanation other than the fact that this clearly shows us that satan has access to God also but is limited.  In chapter one we know that Gods allows Satan to test Job but limits him. Satan is not to lay hands on Job personally 1:12 again, 2:6. Satan is now given the power to lay Hands on.... Or well 'skin for skin' vs 4-5 but he is instructed by God to not take his life.  The most interesting is the end of the chapter, Job is still alive! Ha! Even Satan obeys the Lord.  And yet WE struggle daily to follow.  The most striking lesson from this piece of history is that sometimes what feels like 'punishment' is maybe God's way of growing us closer to him but also maybe an amount of reassurance that he hears us, he recognizes the faith that we have demonstrated in our own lives. I don't know why bad things happen but I know that God knows what we can handle.  1 Cor 10:13  No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it. (1 Corinthians 10:13 NIV) 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 be joyful always, pray continually, in all circumstances for this is God's will for you in Jesus Christ. I can look back many times in my life and I have felt like Job.  In fact, I remember sitting at the doctors about 4 years ago sand he asked me, 'I bet you can relate to Job right now'.  This struck me to the bone and has never left my mind since.  So of course I was prompted to study who Job was and why in the world could I possibly have related to this person.   So it only took 1 chapter to figure it out.  I was sick and felt like nothing was helping but to seek the Lord and wait upon, praise him and not loose faith......amazing how some years later, feeling much better, a different season of my life, learning from the life of Job again.  Love how the Lord can teach us something new every time we read a scripture.   Many of us have felt like Job,,, probably everyone we are just not aware of it.  The very first woman fail into the lies..... She ate that fruit and offered to her man. Well here in chapter 2 again, we see the wife being used vs 9 'curse God and die!'. Holy crap! What in the world was his wife thinking?? Probably what some people have felt like at different times. There have been moments in my life I would much rather be with my heavenly father than deal with some of the sufferings on earth..... Than it's only a half a second thought and I am reminded of the love the Lord has for me and the purpose my life holds. Many are the plans in a person's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails. (Proverbs 19:21 NIV) So why this may be my own personal conviction and maybe yours, this a reminder to me that I need to be careful with my words and actions. And that even when sometimes we may think we are being helpful to our husbands, we may be steering him the wrong direction.  Reminding me of the importance of staying connected to the Holy Spirit personally, that we cannot give Satan even an inch in our life! 

No comments:

Post a Comment