Thursday, September 20, 2012

Life is Crazy.... Sometimes.


The past 2 days I added 3 cakes on top of my other craziness. I LOVE making cakes, love it! It is just extremely time consuming...... Trying to home school both my kids, spend time with  my gracious heavenly Father who allows me to do all my craziness, gymnastics, cook, clean, exercise, be a wife, friend, answer phone calls AND make cakes is not the best combination. BUT I do it, sometimes.

Yesterday was I was up early enough to have coffee with Eli, get my cake baked before the kids woke up. Well, I got most of the cake baking done before Elijah graced us with his presence, "Good Morning Mom." Let the juggling begin...

So we got breakfast, started school and I was going to start making my icing and I had another cake to bake. There are a few subjects Elijah can do now on his own which makes days like this easier, although I still need to check his work and I don't really like to stop my work to check it but that is life. When I get going on a project I tend to get focused and don't want interruptions. Interruptions-ha, that just comes with kids.... can't run from it. Elijah was done with his few things, Miley was up, ate her breakfast and waiting for Elijah to take a break so they could play... make a mess and play some more. At this point Elijah opted to take some work to open gym and working on it there instead of sitting there for an hour watching Miley. Which turned out to not be a great decision, I think he'd rather watch Miley. So next time- finish work before leaving.

Normally on a school day, the kids have to get up, eat, get dressed, take their medicine and brush their teeth, just like that would have to if they went to a traditional school. The great part about home schooling is sometimes it is just easier to say, "we can get ready later."

I finished making the icing and needed to run to Hobby Lobby. I needed dye, cake base and a cake box. So we got ready and left early enough to run into the store before open gym. Hobby Lobby did not have it so off to Michaels, we have 15 min before open gym starts.... we made it! Michael's didn't have what I needed either. So I called Eli, "I am a little overwhelmed I have a lot to do and not enough time." Needless to say my prince in his white jeep came to open gym with Miley so I could drive the 25 minutes 1 way to the cake store to get maroon and gold dye. BLAH!

We got home about the same time, made lunch... I was able to finish the cake in time to run it to the church, to take Elijah to gymnastics, come home clean up my cake mess, go back watch Elijah for 30 minutes, we let him leave early to go to church, done with church and needed to re-bake the cake I made earlier... missed a step, oops! And finally the day is over.... are you tired?? I am and I didn't even add in ALL the details of today.

Here is today's cake:



I feel like our school day lacked because of craziness of today but life is crazy and we need to learn to fit things in there when we can. I was bummed I did not get to run on the treadmill today but hey there is tomorrow! Or is there???

Tomorrow!! Today!
About the same routine as yesterday, got up early enough to have coffee and started working on the ASU cake that I really was unsure of what I really wanted to do with. Elijah was up before me today, which happens a lot. He is a boy after his daddy's heart, when they sun starts rising so does their sweet souls.
This morning, he ate a bowl of cereal, yep! We do not normally do cereal anymore, I just don't feel it is a well rounded meal. Especially, in the morning, when you need to break the fast of the night and refuel for the day.

Anyways, I started working on the cake at 8:30 made lunch around 12 for the family, Eli came home for lunch and finished the cake and all the cleaning by 1:30... now we need to finish school. Elijah finished a few subjects at the kitchen table next me. He worked on school while I was working on cake.....When he finished, Miley anxiously waiting, they play and boy did they make a mess.

Here's Today's Cake and the Kid's Mess...


OH YEAH looks like a tornado hit... but they had fun! I can guarantee they will NOT have fun when it is time to clean, after we finally finish school today! And tomorrow when I finish cake #3 this may happen again... or maybe we wont clean today....




The moral of my days is as follows - Jesus was probably busier than any of us, people always wanted something from him. We know from scripture that he performed miracles, people sought after him for prayer, even a touch, he was constantly teaching, helping, he always poured out over and over and over...... BUT- yep the all caps- BUT he always made it a priority to spend alone time with the Lord, to be filled up so he can pour out. Jesus was not driven by the world's neediness but led by God himself. Something we NEED/MUST take hold of.... spending time with God daily, is needed to help clear our mind! Or as Eli stated in his sermon this past Sunday a quote by Oswald Chambers, "Simplicity is the key to seeing clearly."

The best way, the only way to have a clear perspective is to allow God to guide us. Jesus shows us this in the midst of his teaching Matthew 14:22-34, He is teaching the multitudes and sends them away so he can go to the mountain top to pray, ALONE!!! I bet there were people that were frustrated and wanted him to stay
around. I can hear them "Jesus! Messiah! We have questions, heals us, feed us don't leave us!" Jesus did not cave to the pressure of the world but made it a point to be alone, in his understanding he knew that this would help others in the long run more than they could understand in the middle of their 'crisis' for lack of better words. When feeling overwhelmed, too much to do- we can easily cave into the feeling of crisis instead of taking a deep breath and leaning INTO the Lord.

HELLO!!! We have no excuse.

He follows his prayer time with the infamous story of Peter. The boat was drifting off the weather was not cooperating, and Jesus called out to Peter to walk to him on the water and  Peter in all his humanly form,  doubting took his eyes off the Lord and begin to sink.

I think we all feel like we are sinking no matter how 'busy' we really are when our eyes are not fixed on the Lord.
Hebrews 12:2 "Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God."

Ok now I'm here typing on this blog and need to finish school with Elijah so we can clean their rooms..... putting my teacher hat on and getting to work!  As I am sitting here and it's now 2:15 I am remembering I signed up to take 4 liters of Mountain Dew to Aspire for the coaches dinner, suppose to be there by 4pm... I am so glad I did not sign up for cooking or anything  that was more time consuming!! (I didn't sign up for cooking because I don't have crock pot, lucky me today!)

Don't forget to spend sometime with the one who desires you most!



No comments:

Post a Comment