Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Deceitful me...

This past couple weeks I have felt down and out and when that happens I seemed to ‘listen’ more. I have been battling the frustrations of pain and nausea, miserable. A trip to the E.R and upper scope later everything is healthy and they are thinking it’s my gallbladder but this is not why I am writing today. During this period, of my fleshly weakness I began to doubt myself and my relationship with my Father, my Love. I heard many different things from the father of lies such as, ‘He doesn’t care about you enough, you must not be His child or why would you be in so much pain, etc…” I think you get the point because I’m rather positive that we have all been there.

In my weakness “I” allowed these thoughts to radiate in my mind, I allowed them to make me question myself and my relationship with Jesus. And I woke up and decided NOPE, Not in my life and not in mind: I am Christ’s daughter; he loves me no matter what my circumstances are and does not desire me to be down and out.
Romans 8:16 The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children.
So when the enemy tries to bring us down, to make us feel unworthy, don’t allow it! We have to know in our knower (My dad always says that) that we were made new in Christ. 2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!

NOW THAT IS FREEDOM!!

I would say that I am very confident in knowing where my relationship with Christ is, every day is another opportunity to glorify His name in my life. Why I needed to be reminded of this is beside me, but it is refreshing to overview some of my favorite verses, my favorite thoughts to be soaked into my mind and renew them in my life.

1 Corinthians 12:7-10 7-10Because of the extravagance of those revelations, and so I wouldn't get a big head, I was given the gift of a handicap to keep me in constant touch with my limitations. Satan's angel did his best to get me down; what he in fact did was push me to my knees. No danger then of walking around high and mighty! At first I didn't think of it as a gift, and begged God to remove it. Three times I did that, and then he told me,
My grace is enough; it's all you need.
My strength comes into its own in your weakness.
Once I heard that, I was glad to let it happen. I quit focusing on the handicap and began appreciating the gift. It was a case of Christ's strength moving in on my weakness. Now I take limitations in stride, and with good cheer, these limitations that cut me down to size—abuse, accidents, opposition, bad breaks. I just let Christ take over! And so the weaker I get, the stronger I become. 2 Timothy 1:7
7 For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.

Romans 15:13 May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

The last verse is a new favorite because to walk in the joy and peace that my Savior offers is better than swimming in a river of chocolate!
May the Lord fill your heart mind, body and soul with His peace and Joy this day, which is a gift. I pray you will walk in His light and bear much fruit for God’s kingdom. And when satan provokes on the deceitful self, may you remember that God gave us a Spirit of POWER to walk in peace in Christ name.

It’s a choice…. Daily I choose to pick up my cross and walk in freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment